To have clear and beautiful skin, we take so many steps and use numerous products. While doing a simple process of facial icing can help improve your skin and keep it glowing. It is a technique that is done in any season and at any time. Read on to know about the several benefits of applying ice on the face.
- Puffy Eyes – Wrap an ice cube in a soft cotton cloth and apply mild pressure to the area. It will help in shrinking the dilated blood vessels and reduces the bags under the eyes.
- Acne – If you are dealing with acne on your face, try icing it and see the results. Applying ice will help in the reduction of redness and inflammation. It also minimizes skin pores and reduces excess oil production.
- Anti-aging – Icing your face helps reduce signs of aging, as it tightens the pores and limits the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, giving your skin a younger and firmer look.
- Skin Glow – Icing constricts blood vessels and soothes inflammation to give your skin an instant glow.
- Product Absorption – Rubbing ice before applying your daily skincare products helps it absorb better and reaches your deeper skin layers.
- Sun Burn and Heat Rash – It is recommended to apply a sunblock every day even if you are indoors. In summers, if you get a heat rash or sunburn, apply an ice cube to the affected area as this helps to reduce the redness and inflammation.
- Always cleanse your face before applying ice to it.
- Rub the ice cube in circular motions.
- If your skin is thin, do not apply the ice cube directly but place it in a soft cloth.
- If you want your makeup to look smooth and flawless, rub your face with ice before applying your primer.
- Do not use ice on your skin for more than 10 – 15 minutes.
Icing with added ingredients
- Make ice with rose water to hydrate and soothe the skin.
- Using ice cubes made from green tea will give anti-aging benefits and reduces inflammation.
- To get a cooling effect on the skin, make ice with cucumber puree.
- Aloe Vera ice cubes help soothe your skin after sun exposure. It also calms your skin and reduces inflammation.
Facial Icing therapy has become a popular method as it is natural, affordable, and can be done effortlessly at home. To get its numerous benefits, you have to be consistent. Otherwise, it will not have much of an impact. If you have tried ice therapy, share your experiences below in the comment box.